Email: [email protected]
Phone: (757) 223-4545
- Asbestos Litigation
- Talc Litigation
- State Workers Compensation
- Longshore & Harbor Workers Compensation
A lifelong Newport News resident, Jennifer West Stevens joined Patten, Wornom, Hatten & Diamonstein in 1998 as a third-generation lawyer.
Ms. Stevens has devoted most of her practice to helping asbestos victims and their families. She has recovered workers’ compensation benefits from the Office of Administrative Law Judges, U. S. Department of Labor, Benefits review Board, Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
After earning her undergraduate degree from Christopher Newport University, Ms. Stevens served as Associate Editor of the Smithfield Times in Smithfield, Virginia. A series of her news articles earned first place honors from the Virginia Press Association in 1992.
While attending law school at the College of William & Mary, she served on the staff of the Bill of Rights Journal.
During her free time, she enjoys playing golf and has competed in local, regional and national tournaments.
- College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law – Juris Doctor
- Christopher Newport University – Bachelor of Arts
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Supreme Court of United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Memberships and Associations
- American Association for Justice
- Leaders Forum Member
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Newport News Bar Association
- Christopher Newport Alumni Society Board
- Christopher Newport University Athletics Advisory Council
- Greater Peninsula Women’s Bar Association
- First Tee of the Virginia Peninsula Board of Directors